| || |
Our Aquatic Director, Frances Seeley, has more than 30 years of Aquatic Experience. She is a National YMCA Faculty Trainer in YMCA Lifeguarding and YMCA Swim Lessons. She is also a certified Trainer in Lifegaurding and CPR for the American Red Cross, and CPR for American Heart Association and a certified SD EMT-Basic.
Our Aquatic Team, lead by Frances, is comprised of highly qualified, fun, safety conscious, dependable and professional lifeguards and swim instructors. We strive for excellence, with emphasis on safety, in all our programs.
General Pool Rules
(please read below for descriptions/rules during specific swim times)
- Safety Swim Test = 1 length of the lap pool, on stomach with swimmer being able to put their face in the water at least 3 times with no sign of stress or panic
- Any person wanting to swim in water over chin height must be able to swim the above mentioned "Safety Test"
- Those who do not sucessfully complete the "Safety Swim Test" must stay where they can stand or where their guardian can stand
- Those under 6 years of age, regardless of their swimming ability, must have an adult in the water with them at all times.
- Those, between the ages of 6 1/2 and 11, who cannot swim the above mentioned "Safety Swim Test" must be with a responsible person, 12 years or older.
- You must be at least 48” tall or pass the safety swim test to ride the waterslide (Visit with a lifeguard for more information).
- Accidents do happen - please use swim diapers on those under 3 years old.
- Goggles are welcome. Masks will not be allowed in either pool.
- Snorkels and fins may be used for surface lap swimming only.
- Non-inflatable flotation devices may be brought in by individual families. This is limited to attached devices, such as, float belts, and USCG life preservers. These will only be allowed in the family pool and the shallow end of the 8 lane pool. All devices must be approved by the lifeguard on duty.
(all children under 16 must be accompanied by an Adult)
- No Groups during this time (this includes non member birthday parties)
- Safe games may be organized and played. The lifeguard will determine the safety of any games.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent (in the pool area) or sibling, age 18+.
- We encourage adults to participate in the aquatic activities with their children.
- Nerf balls are welcome-hard and small balls are not accepted.
- Please respect the program by only bringing those on your own family membership.
- NO GROUPS - to honor family togetherness, groups will not be allowed during Family Swim. This does mean No member birthday parties!
Adult Lap Swim
- At Least 2 lap lanes will be available for lap swimming during
- Aquatic Hours (Sun 12-5:30pm, Mon-Fri 5am - 9pm, Sat. 7am - 5:30pm.
- This time is designated for lap/exercise only.
- You may use pull buoys kickboard or jog laps with belts on
- Please note that other programs and open swim may be occurring in the pool.
- Circle swimming is encouraged.
Youth & Adult Lap Swim
(for proficient youth swimmers only - please read rules below)
- For those under 14 who can swim 4 consecutive lengths of the pool with no flotation devices or assistance.
- Youth must be accompanied by a parent.
- Parent must be on the deck or in the pool with the lapper.
- Hours are: Sun 12-5:30pm; Mon - Fri 2 - 4:15pm & 6:15-8:45pm; Sat. 12:30-5:30pm.
SIS (Schools in Session Swim)
School Year only! Mon - Fri 11:50-3:30 on Regularly scheduled Rapid City School Days! This time becomes open swim on pre planned RC School Holidays.
- School or private groups may make prior arrangements to swim during this time.
- Pool breaks are 1:50 and 2:50pm. Un-accompanied adults exercising during this time will not be required to get out at pool breaks.
- Other than those rules listed above, all Family Swim rules apply (read above).
Mommy/Daddy & Me swim (children kindergarten 5 & under only)
For further information email Aquatics Director
- M-F 11:50-12:50 (school year only), Sat 12:00-12:30
- Children Kindergarten and under may bring their parents to enjoy this time in the depth 0 area only please.
- No children older than 6.