Hermosa Afterschool/Summer Camp Aide
Part time/year round position in our Hermosa Kidstop program. Qualified applicants must love children and have a strong desire to make a difference in their lives. Aides are responsible for leading activities, setting a good example for kids and ensuring participant safety.
Hermosa Afterschool/Summer Camp Site Coordinator
Our Hermosa Kidstop site is looking for a fun and energetic person to lead our kids and staff. Experience working with children and knowledge of child development is a must. Coordinators are responsible for scheduling and overseeing other staff, creating and implementing lesson plans, and maintaining good relationships with families and school personnel. Part time/year round position 40 hours per week in the summer, 25 per week school year .
Full time with benefits. Reports to Aquatic Director. General Function: The Aquatic Supervisor is responsible to the Aquatic Director for excellence in the supervising and leading the aquatic staff. Helping staff develop in their decision making process, supporting the other staff in their learning experience, using patience and the YMCA core values in supervising, training and dealing with YMCA staff team members and program members.
Job applicant qualifications include (please contact email@example.com for a more detailed list of qualifications)
• Be at least 21 years old, detail oriented, self-motivated and able to lead others in a positive & productive manner.
• Have a minimum of 3 years of Aquatic experience (YMCA of Rapid City experience preferred)
• Be Lifeguard certified. YMCA Lifeguarding is preferred; American Red Cross Lifeguarding is acceptable: however, employee must cross train into YMCA lifeguarding at first available opportunity.
• Be a certified Swim Lesson Instructor. YMCA Swimming Lesson Instructor certification is preferred; a National equivalent certification is acceptable: however, employee must cross train into YMCA Instructor at first available opportunity.
• Prefer applicant to be a certified Lifeguard Instructor. YMCA LGI is preferred; a National equivalent certification is acceptable: however, employee must cross train into YMCA LGI at first available opportunity.
• Knowledge of MS Word and Excel a must.
Full-Time Teacher Aide
We are seeking energetic and fun loving preschool teacher aides. Be willing to get down on the children’s level, run, play and interact all day long!! We have openings for full-time positions. Experience preferred, but willing to train.
Summer Food Service Program Staff
Preparing and serving breakfast and lunch for people 18 years of age and younger. Mon-Fri 7:00am-2:00pm May 28-August 16. Must be 18 or older.
Youth Center Snack Bar Attendant
3:00pm-6:30pm M-F until end of school year, then 10:00am-6:30pm Mon-Fri until school starts in the fall. Must be 18 or older.
Part-Time Lifeguard/Swim Instructor
Part Time Lifeguard/Swim instructor. Applicant must be 16 years of age and be certified in YMCA or American Red Cross Lifeguarding, CPR for the Professional and first aid. Hours are flexible and adjustable to employees outside interest and commitments (i.e. school, other jobs, family, extracurricular activities). If your certification expired less than 1 year ago, there may be an option for a re-cert - contact Frances for details.